When the women is unable to produce healthy eggs to have a baby, donated egg can be used to achieve pregnancy through donor egg IVF.
About the implications for the future of having donor egg IVF.
Both recipient , donor and their partners needs detailed screening with Medical history, family history , examination, Blood tests, urine tests and Scanning
Consent forms and legal procedures are meticulously completed. Advocates are involved for proper legal documents.
Both the recipient and the donor are given medicines, to correct periods to similar dates.
Recipient is given medicines , for her uterus to prepare the lining to accept the embryo. She needs to reach clinic only by 12 th day for scan , so travel dates can be arranged accordingly to reach on 12 th day and to stay around 1 week until ET is completed.
IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation):
Injections are given to the egg donor to stimulate the ovaries .scan guided egg pick up is done under general anaesthesia .Steps of IVF are followed and donors eggs are fertilised with either the husbands sperm or donor sperm depending on request. After this , the same steps for IVF protocol are followed. The resulting embryo are transferred on the day as decided 2 to 5 days .
- At GIFT we have strict donor criteria.
- Medically, physically, mentally healthy women < 28 years.
- Minimum qualification of graduation or above.
- Colour matching is done.
- All lab tests, scanning, screening must be completely normal.
- All the legal papers must be signed.
- Doctors screen them to make sure, that they are good individuals to ensure a good younger generation.
- We are very particular that Babies that we create must be good as they grow up into next generation.
- We are also very particular that babies should be looked after well, so detailed counselling is done before selection.
- Strict confidentiality is maintained in the hospital. All the staff of GIFT has taken the oath of secrecy and is aware that , any breach in this will result in imprisonment.
- However only the doctors will know the exact identity of both, and will be never, ever revealed to anybody in the world.
- Donation must be known only to partners and not to any family or friends. We will not do; if family is involved in treatment.
Success is usually 60 to 80% if 3 cycles done , for patient with healthy uterus.
Cost includes preparation of donor , donor IVF/ ICSI and donors expenses and renumeration.
Total cost Depends on donor profile , but it is roughly around 3 lakh INR , for full donor cycle which include 3 cycle ( 1 fresh and 2 Frozen cycle) . FET if required will cost 20,000 for thaw and transfer fee.